Beaminster Area Team is a team of 14 churches in rural West Dorset. Our largest church is in Beaminster, a town with schools, library, shopping, cafes, pubs, Children’s Centre and lively sports clubs. Our smallest churches are in villages with populations of 70. We are set in the beautiful West Dorset countryside with easy access to the coast with excellent walking, cycling and water sports on the doorstep.
Our Vision for the Team:
for all people to know the love of God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and to live out their lives as disciples.
Ministry experiences available
- Variety of worship across the team from BCP Matins to Messy Church and Breakfast@10
- Busy and established community outreach project Walk in Wednesday
- Schools ministry in four primary schools, secondary school and special school
- Work with children and families including Messy Church, after school club and toddler praise.
- Small groups: Pilgrim group, prayer groups and bible study groups
- Community of the Annunciation: a new community based round a rule of life, prayer, study and seeking life in the Holy Spirit.
- Recently established youth post confirmation group and a new youth group working towards confirmation.
- A good staff team to work alongside: Team Rector, Team Vicar, Associate priest and retired clergy and licensed Lay Ministers.
- Opportunities to continue to develop the life of the team focused around prayer and mission; seeking to serve all people in the communities we serve
For more information, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BeaminsterAreaTeam