Come to sunny Lilliput by the sea, the parish with the best view in the world (not that we are biased of course!). We are geographically small with a population of 3,514. The age range is diverse in Lilliput; the largest single group is 65+ years but there also many young families. Lilliput is a vibrant and exciting place to be with 2 coffee shops, 2 small express type supermarkets, a very popular Thai restaurant with wine bar, a yacht club, sailing club and a golf course. Our popular, oversubscribed, school, Lilliput CE VC Infant School, was graded as ‘outstanding’ in our last Ofsted Inspection.
At Holy Angels we call ourselves ‘middle of the road’ Anglican, welcoming of all. Our ministry team comprises the Vicar, the Curate, Director of Music and two Church Wardens We have an average Sunday attendance of 147 (111 adults, 36 children). We offer a mixed diet of worship; with Parish Communion and non-eucharistic Family Services, traditional choir and worship band. We have a flourishing Sunday School and mid-week monthly Messy Church. We enjoy a very close relationship with our church Infant School where we lead worship weekly and a team from the church lead ‘Open the Book’ fortnightly. We have lots of baptisms (30+ a year) and good numbers for Confirmation, We serve our local community through a popular Lunch Club which we began last year and through ministry at Lewis-Manning Hospice.
- Daily Prayer with members of our team and Quiet Days at Hilfield Friary
- Sharing in the leadership of worship through leading prayer, preaching, assisting at the Eucharist as a lay Eucharistic assistant, family services, choral evensong and ecumenical worship locally.
- Participation in Bible Study groups, Lent Courses, and Home Groups
- Experiencing the work of a Parish Office and attending PCC meetings.
- Work with children and families through Sunday School, Messy Church, Parent and Toddler Group and strong links with our primary school through ‘Open the Book’.
- Work with the elderly through Lunch Club, quarterly Songs of Praise and Tea.
- Pastoral care alongside our Lay Pastoral Assistants in home visits and communions. Also Communion service in a local nursing home, and visiting at Lewis Manning Hospice.
- Observing weddings and marriage preparation, funerals and bereavement care.
- Assisting with Baptism and Confirmation preparation.
- Exploring with us opportunities for Fresh Expressions in the parish eg Cafe Worship.
Parish website: www.holyangelslilliput.org.uk